» Ж. Болғанбаев атындағы Самар орта мектеп – лицейі» КММ.
Кумусбаева Гульнур Оразовна.
|I quarter||Grade: 5||20/10.10.2016||45 minutes||Subject: English|
|The theme||Step 3 Families|
|The aim of the lesson||Ø to revise the names of the members of a family|
|The expected results||ü write a description of a family|
|The main idea||-create “Word band” based on the theme “Family”
-Working out: putting questions and reply and making dialogues and writing descriptions
|Visual aids||Messages SB, WB, Interactive Board, Computer, Pictures
(members of families; Family tree), CD. Poster.
– Warm up.
– Dividing into groups.
– Checking –up the home tasks.
II. New theme.
– New words.
– Listen and check. Tapescrips.
– Write about Robbies’ family.
– Test a friend. Question – answer.
– Reading. A new baby.
– Complete the information.
-Working with photos. Description of your family.
– Complete the table.
– Make a poster.
Teacher notes about the lesson
(What will the teacher and pupils do during the lesson?)
- Greeting: T: Good morning, girls and boys!
T: How are you, today? Are you ready for lesson?
T: Well, pupils, at first, let’s check the class atmosphere.
Who is on duty today?
Who is absent today?
What is the date today?
– Dividing into groups: Ok, pupils, let us divide in two groups.
The first group is mother.
The second group is father.
– Warm- up: Repeat the rhyme: “Family”. (slide 4)
I have got a father.
I have got a mother.
I have got a sister.
I have got a brother
Mother, father, sister, brother.
Hand in hand with one another.
– Checking-up the home works.
T: What was your home task for today?
P: New words and Ex 3 p16 (WB)
Answers: 1My. 2. His. 3. Her. 4. Their. 5. Our. 6. Her.
T: before starting our lesson, look at the cards. How do you think, what about today’s theme and what are we going to learn today?
Look at the cards. What can you see? Who is he/she?
P/s: She is a sister. He is a brother. etc
Yes, you are right. You can see the members of a family. Can you name theme?
- New theme: Open your book at p32. Step 3. The name of the lesson is Families.
– Phonetic drill: Today we have some new words. They are:
|uncle||[ʌŋkl]||Аға (анасының н/е әкесінің)|
|aunt||[a:nt]||Апай (анасының н/е әкесінің)|
Open your dictionaries and write down today’s new words.
Are you written down?
Listen to me and repeat after me!
– Listening and Writing.
Ex 1 p32(a). Complete the sentences with the words in the list. You’re got three minutes.
Listening and checking: Listen to the CD and check your answers.
Writing: Ex 1 p32(b). Write about Robbie’s family.
– Test a friend. Can you make another question like in an example.
Who is Lucy’s mother’s sister’s husband? It’s Bill.
Put the question 1st group →2nd group ; 2nd group → 1st group
-Let’s have a rest!
Hands up! Hands sides!
Hands on the hips!
Turn to the right! Turn to the left!
Fly as a bird! Swim as a fish!
Hands up! Hands sides!
Hands down! And sit down!
Reading: Read the text.
Writing: Complete the information. Using the announcement.
- 11th November. 2. sisters, brother. 3. Lucy, Robbie.
- Zahrah. 5. son, daughter. 6. Zahrah , Nick.
Now open your WB at p18 Ex 1a Complete the table. -1st group.
1b. Complete the sentences- 2nd group.
– Description of your family.
Working with photos. I have got …
His / Her name is …
– Group work: Make a poster. “Names of the members of a family ”.
IV . Assessment.
Comenting pupil’s marks.
1) New words.
2) Ex 3 p 32 (SB).
Write a description of your family.
3) Ex 3 p 18 (WB).
Extention. Members of the family. Read Mel’s sentence. Then write true sentences for the other members of the family.
- Reflection. Write your reflections about today’s lesson and your suggestions for the next lessons.
The lesson is over! Thank you for your attention! You may go out, Good – bye! See you later!