№28 орта мектептің ағылшын тілі мұғалімі
Нургабылова Гулдари Байганиновна
Theme: “Gardening in England”
Aim: 1) to revise and practice using the Past Continuous Tense.
2) to develop pupil’s habits of speaking, reading, answering.
3) to teach to understand and love nature.
Type : Getting new information, pair work, group work, traditional lesson
Visual aids: a textbook, pictures, interactive board, level cards
Procedure of the lesson:
T: Good afternoon, dear pupils!
P: Good afternoon, dear teacher!
T: How are you, today? Are you ready for lesson?
P: Yes, OK.
T: Well, pupils, at first, let’s check the class atmosphere.
Who is on duty today?
Is anybody absent today?
What is the date today?
What day is it today?
What season is it now?
Do you like winter?
What month is it now?
What is the weather like today?
Phonetic drill: Let’s start our lesson with the phonetic drill. Look at the board, I’ll read and you will repeat after me all together.
He loves the ocean.
He loves the sky.
She loves to travel
She loves to fly.
He likes the country,
He loves the clouds.
She likes the city,
She loves the crowds.
Checking up the home-task:
Let’s check up your home-task. What was your home-task for today?
Your h/t for today was Ex.5, p.100 to make up sentences for P.C. using the times at your book. And I’ll give you some questions about last lesson. What about we talked at the last lesson? ( P.Continuous, can, vote, teenager, drive )
- At what age do people vote in Kazakhstan?
- When do children finish school?
- At what age can a teenager drive in Kazakhstan?
- pupils read their own sentences, say new words)
Let’s revise grammar rule of the Past Continuous, some examples.
Presentation of the new material:
Well, pupils, today’s our new theme is “Gardening in England”.
And during our lesson we’ll read texts and dialogues, learn new words about gardening and doing exercises. And today’s grammar rule is
Be going to +V
“Going to” құрылымы болашаққа жоспарланган іс-әрекет туралы айтқанда қолданылады.
For example: I am going to clean my room tomorrow.
You are going to visit the museum.
He is going to play tennis with friends.
Is he going to stay at home?
No, he is not going to stay at home.
Vocabulary: garden –бақша
gardener – багбан
plant – агаш отыргызу
water – су құю
prune – кесу , бұтау
tree — агаш
Ex. 2 p.104 Discuss the following questions in groups.
- Do you have a garden?
- Do you like flowers?
- Do you enjoy growing the flowers?
- Do you like working in the garden?
- What do people usually do in the garden?
Ex.5 p.105 Read the dialogue, find the new words and pay attention
to their meanings. (4 pupils)
Ex.6 p.105 True or False ?
- a) T b) T c) T d) F
- e) F f) T g) T
Ex.7 Write about what Omar’s family was doing on Sunday.
(look at the picture at ex.3)
Ex.11 p.106 Read the text and translate.
- Put the words in the correct order.
- were / yesterday / what /doing / you / at / 3 / o’clock
- was / flowers / I / watering
- enjoy / I / in / working / the / garden
- mother / was / my / flowers / watering / the
- Translate the sentences.
- Әселдің бақшасы бар.
- Әсел бақшада жұмыс жасаганды ұнатады.
- Бақшада гүлдер бар.
- Мен бақшада агаш отыргызамын.
- Choose the right form.
- a) Mike met / was meeting Omar at 3 o’clock in the afternoon on Monday.
- b) Omar’s father planted / was planting trees at that
- c) Omar was / were pruning dead
- d) Asel and Omar was / were working in the
Hometask: Ex. 12, 14 p.107 and write a composition”Gardening in my town”
Conclusion: Our today’s lesson is over. You all worked very well, thanks a lot. I’ll give your marks. Good bye, pupils and guests!