The theme: Real Conditional sentences
The aim: 1. Teaching the new grammar “Real conditional sentences”
2. Develop pupil’s speech, memory, logic thinking, developing word source, developing pupils outlooks, increasing interests in learning language.
3. Education at pupils feeling of an esthetic. To bring up humanism, patriotism, a sense of responsibility and care of the environment.
Visual aids: Interactive board, cards.
Type of lesson: Traditional lesson.
Procedure of the lesson
Org mom: Good morning pupils! Sit down please!
Who is on duty today?
Who is absent?
What date it today?
How did you spend your holiday?
Have you enjoyed holiday?
Review: We have started with you great theme “World around us”. And at this
quarter we’ll continue this theme. But before we’ll continue let’s review
the words connected with word and environment by doing tasks.
Look at the board!
1st task. Let’s match Kazakh words with English ones
1 Қорғау a resource
2 жер b protect
3 қор c industry
4 жануарлар d energy
5 зиян келтіру e Earth
6 күш қуат f animals
7 жер шары g land
8 өндіріс h environment
9 қоршаған орта i drinkable
10 топырақ j pollution
11 ішуге жарамды k soil
12 ластану l damage
2nd task. Work with picture.
3rd task. Work with cards.
Phrase the words
drinkable – nature plant – pollution
save – problem industry – trees
ecology – animal land – development
kill – water
lower degree task. Find lagging letters!
New lesson: Ok, let’s begin new lesson. The theme of the lesson “Real conditional sentences”. There are 2 types of conditional sentences in English language. They are Real conditionals and Unreal conditionals.
(Шартты сөйлем) : Real conditional (Іске асатын) ,
Unreal conditional(Іске аспайтын)
Today I will introduce you with Real conditional sentence. Real conditional expresses the real or possible situations and probable result that can happen in the future.
Giving other examples
! If the subordinate clause comes first, we’ll put comma.
When the main clause comes first, the comma is not needed
Let’s listen to the music. The using of real conditional sentence in the song.
Doing exercises: Look at the board and translate sentences.
1. If they study ecology, they’ll be able to help the environment.
2. If water and soil are polluted, the plants won’t grow.
3. If we protect our natural recourses, we’ll be richer.
4. If oil resources of our country end, we’ll live worse than we live now.
4th task. Work with book.
5th task. Look at the board and make sentences.
If Ben goes to Aktau, he will swim at the sea.
If Ben goes to Astana, he will see the Baiterek.
If Ben goes toLondon, he will see the Big Ben and the riverThames
If Ben goes to the mountains, he will climb to the mountain.
If Ben goes to the forest, he will see wild animals.
6th task. Work with book. Ex III at p 63, make up sentences.
7th task. Fill in gaps.
- If we hurry, We’ll get there on time.
a) hurry b) Hurries c) doesn’t hurry
2. If we ____ the flowers, they’ll die.
a) don’t water b) doesn’t water c) waters
3. If she ____ ill, she’ll go to the doctors
a) feel b) feels c) don’t feel
4. I will make you sandwich if you _____ hungry.
a) aren’t b) is c) are
5. If you smoke, you _____ damage your lungs.
a) will b) won’t c) don’t
8th task. Make negative forms.
- If you help me, I will help you.
If you don’t help me, I won’t help you.
If they work hard, I will pay them
- If she comes early, she’ll go to the cinema.
9th task. Make question forms
- If he goes to Astana, he will see the Baiterek
Will he see the Baiterek if he goes to Astana?
What will he see if he goes to Astana?
If I don’t tidy my room, my mum will be angry.
- If she has enough money, she will buy new book.
Giving home tasks: Write 6 sentences in real conditional.
Conclusion: The lesson is over. Good bye!